We’re back fresh and new, season 2 of the IWB segment start today with new interesting guest. She’s the one who redefine the word froyo to new meaning and based her blog on it.
Glad to have her as my guest and know who’s the person behind the screen.
Guess what her sister is a blogger too. Can you guess which one ? 😉
Lets see what she got to say about herself:
- Why did you choose (Froyonation) as a name for your blog?
Frozen yogurt/Froyo is ice cream’s healthier substitute. And as is started insanely spreading around Kuwait in the last 2 years, I named my blog after it: standing for the people’s choice to live better, Improving Kuwait and making it “healthier”.
- Tell me about yourself?
A 23 year old, Syrian girl. Born and raised in Kuwait. Architect. I’m a generally laid-back person. The quiet type even though my blog might show the opposite. I don’t like useless jabbering, which lands me in the “arrogant” category for some people, not the ones who know me well though. I like to try out new things every once in a while, but often get stuck in the inevitable routine. Most importantly: I spend my days being happy.
- How long have you been blogging?
Started in Feb 2011. So a year and a half so far.
- How many writers (Members) are in your blog?
Just me. I like it that way.
- What kind of category do you see your blog in?
The Froyo Nation-category.
- How did you start blogging?
I used to be obsessed about reading local blogs every day. I saw them as the most convenient way to stay updated about what’s happening around me. I grew into liking the idea of having my own blog and started one for the sake of trying it out, and my blog just grew onto me eventually.
- What was the reaction of the people around you about your blog?
“A blog? Meh..”
- What kind of marketing method did you use for your blog (How did you promote your blog)?
At my early start I remember asking 3 of my favorite bloggers back then to feature me on their blogs and introduce me to people. They were all really nice about it and did just that. It was the only actual “marketing” I ever had. From that point forward, the content marketed itself I guess.
- Do you have any new ideas coming soon to your blog?
They’re not really new ideas, only basic ones: upgrading to my own domain, along with a fresh new design. Hopefully soon enough!
- What made you start blogging?
- Which of the other blogs are considered to be the top in your opinion?
I’ve always perceived the blogs in Kuwait as a whole. There are no “top blogs” as they all complete each other, each blog with different news. Their posts combined give a complete local insight.
- What do you advise the guys/girls who just started blogging?
Don’t fall for the imaginary “standard” of how a Kuwaiti blog should be. For instance: If you don’t like writing about food, don’t. Stand out. And don’t imitate the style of your favorite blogger. Make your blog your own. Just go by one rule: Your blog is an expression of who you are.
- Any last words to your readers?
You all rock!
Read the previous interviews [Here]